Nice work Mackenzie! You're hired! This micro-post is being composed using Shortcuts.
Posting from my iPhone while camped at Squaw Creek in Marion.
Trying to take Travis CI for a spin to auto-update this blog for me. 😀
Just a quick note/reminder… look at improving this blog workflow using Travis CI per this documentation and this post. Also, check out this iOS app.
Please don’t judge too harshly, this is a (perpetual?) work-in-progress!
From June 11th through the 23rd, we (that’s me, Chris, her brother Mark, sister Deb, and Deb’s husband, Doug) traveled to Norway. Our rough itinerary was:
- Tuesday/Wednesday, June 11-12 - Travel: Flew Minneapolis to Paris, to Oslo, to Kirkenes, Norway. A very long day!
- Thursday, June 13 - Kirkenes: Land of the midnight sun, with a side-trip into Finland.
- Friday, June 14 - Kirkenes: Boarded the MS Finnmarken for a 5-day cruise to Bergen
- Saturday, June 15 - MS Finnmarken: With a breakfast excursion to Nord Capp (North Cape).
- Sunday, June 16 - MS Finnmarken:
- Monday, June 17 - MS Finnmarken:
- Tuesday, June 18 - MS Finnmarken: With a dinner excursion on The Atlantic Road.
- Wednesday, June 19 - Bergen: Strolled through the port, fish market, and Edvard Grieg Square.
- Thursday, June 20 - Nesflaten: Drove our rental to Nesflaten with a stop in Røldal, then a stroll around town with our host, Magne.
- Friday, June 21 - Nesflaten: Visited the Jordebrek and Olsen farms, drove to Sand and back, for a family dinner in the evening.
- Saturday, June 22 - Oslo: Drove across Telemark, through Nottoden, to Oslo for our departure.
- Sunday, June 23 - Travel: Flew Oslo to Bergen, to Reykjavik, to Minneapolis.
And so begins day number 11 without power. I think I have watched at least a dozen Alliant energy trucks Drive by the house already this morning. I honestly don’t think they know where we are.